Status: Full Time, Non-Exempt
Reports to: Development Director
New Jersey LCV seeks a Development Assistant to work in our collaborative environment supporting a robust and growing grassroots fundraising program that complements the organization’s overall fundraising strategy, determined in conjunction with the Development Director. The Development Assistant will support the Development Director with advancing our fundraising strategies to advance the work and mission for a family of organizations including New Jersey LCV, New Jersey LCV Education Fund, New Jersey LCV Political Action Committee, and New Jersey LCV Victory Fund. This individual must be able to work independently as well as work with a dynamic Executive Director and committed Board of Directors to maximize outcomes.
Support and assist all mail and online grassroots fundraising appeals
- Plan and implement an annual calendar of direct mail and online campaigns
- Assist in drafting appeal messages in accordance with organizational messaging, fundraising best practices and State and Federal regulations.
- Create, maintain, and assist in the management web donation pages and fundraising-related web content
- Assist in the management and expansion of a growing recurring donor program
Support fundraising and donor stewardship events program
- Draft event materials and announcements
- Coordinate logistics with venues, vendors and volunteers
- Conduct outreach to ensure attendance goals are met
- Track event registration and sponsorships
Provide general support to the Development Department
- Process gift acknowledgements
- Maintain donor database and files with accurate information
- Research prospective funding opportunities including foundation funders and major donors and maintaining prospect lists.
- Assist in the preparation of reports and materials for the board and development committee
- Use and develop administrative systems to support fundraising efforts
Participate in department and organization-wide planning and activities
- Develop annual goals, metrics and work plans
- Assist with building the budget for the department
- Participate in staff meetings, strategic planning and retreats
- Participate in conferences and trainings with national partner, the League of Conservation Voters
Other duties as assigned.
- Commitment to our vision, mission and values including increasing racial diversity in our movement and organization, integrating justice and equity into the work we do and ensuring an inclusive organizational culture.
- Strong written and oral communication skills.
- A self-starter, comfortable working in a team environment with colleagues in both shared and remote field offices.
- Ability to work effectively on diverse teams and with a diverse range of people, including volunteers and donors.
- Strong interpersonal skills and orientation to customer service.
- Motivation to build and strengthen our development program.
- Strong attention to detail and ability to manage multiple projects and meet deadlines.
- Ability to travel periodically for staff meetings, events and conferences.
- A track record of raising funds from individuals, corporations and foundations desired.
- Experience with Microsoft office and donor management software preferred.
Position Requirements: This is a full-time position and is currently based in Princeton and as of June 1, 2021 will be based in Hamilton, NJ. Must have reliable transportation.
Salary: $35,000 - $40,000
To apply: Please send your resume, cover letter, and salary requirements to email@example.com with “Development Assistant” in the subject line. No calls please.
New Jersey LCV is an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin or ancestry, genetics, disability, age, marital status, familial status, domestic partnership status, civil union status, pregnancy, atypical hereditary cellular or blood trait status, or veteran status.