Title: Development DirectorStatus: Full Time, Exempt
Reports to: Executive Director
New Jersey LCV seeks a Development Director to design and implement strategies that engage, cultivate, and grow the financial support of individuals, corporations, and foundations across the state to advance the work and mission for a family of organizations including New Jersey LCV, New Jersey LCV Education Fund, New Jersey LCV Political Action Committee, and New Jersey LCV Victory Fund. This individual must be able to work independently as well as work with a dynamic Executive Director and committed Board of Directors to maximize outcomes.
- Develop and track progress on comprehensive an annual fundraising plan with evaluation metrics
- Develop and implement strategies for the cultivation, solicitation, and stewardship of individuals, corporations, and foundations
- Manage and develop a portfolio of current, lapsed and prospective major donors
- Organize and execute various fundraising and cultivation events each year, including an annual gala and the sustainable business roundtable
- Coordinate an effective program for recognition, involvement and stewardship of major donors
- Manage grant timelines and deliverables, including drafting proposals and reports and coordinating with program staff as appropriate
- Coordinate annual membership engagement, including two direct mail pieces, regular email fundraising, and timely acknowledgement of contributions
- Motivate and support the Board of Directors in their fundraising efforts
- Maintain and update donor records in the CRM, overseeing donor tracking, reporting systems, and data integrity
- Perform donor/prospect research, and research new opportunities for foundation or corporate support
- Other tasks as assigned.
- Prior development experience of 2+ years required.
- Strong written and oral communication skills.
- Excellent personal, organizational, and time-management skills.
- Personable, dependable team-player
- Ability to anticipate, plan, prioritize, and complete tasks
- Ability to complete data-related and written work with precision and consistent attention to detail and high standards.
- Ability to maintain confidentiality high ethical standards ethics imperative (due to sensitive nature of information processing and handling requirements)
- High proficiency in using Microsoft Office applications.
- Knowledge and experience using EveryAction, or similar CRM software preferred.
Position Requirements: This is a full-time position based in Princeton. Must have reliable transportation.
Salary: Commensurate with experience.
To Apply: Please send your resume, cover letter, and salary requirements to firstname.lastname@example.org with “Development Director” in the subject line. No calls please.
NJLCV is an equal opportunity employer.