Title: Development Intern
Location: Princeton, New Jersey
Term of Position: Spring 2019
New Jersey League of Conservation Voters (New Jersey LCV) is seeking a part-time Development Intern to support the development department during the spring semester 2019. Intern will be integral to the organization’s efforts to research, manage, and cultivate our donors and members.
New Jersey LCV is a non-partisan organization whose mission is to elect environmental champions, hold public officials accountable, and support laws which protect our environment and improve the quality of people’s lives.
- Assist Development Assistant with major donor, foundation, and corporate prospect research
- Prepare materials for meetings with current and prospective funders
- Maintain database of donors and prospects, including regular data entry and cleanup
- Assist in planning and executing fundraising and other donor events
- Assist with mailings and gift acknowledgement, including drafting correspondence
- Other duties as assigned
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Strong organizational skills and attention to detail
- Ability to work efficiently, accurately, and collaboratively
- Ability to multi-task and manage short- and long-term deadlines
- Personable, dependable team player
- Commitment to environmental conservation, or interest in political work preferred
- Working knowledge of Google Apps, Microsoft Office and design programs are a plus
Compensation and Benefits:
This is a part-time, unpaid position, and we are willing to work with interns for college credit. Interns will receive direct experience working within the conservation community at one of New Jersey’s leading conservation organizations. Interns will have the opportunity to network at various political and environmental events throughout the course of the internship. Letters of recommendation will be available upon request. Opportunities for full-time employment at New Jersey LCV do occasionally occur and interns are eligible to apply.
The candidate must have reliable transportation to either location and a personal laptop. Interested candidates should send their resume, cover letter, and three references (may be character, academic, or professional) to Cynthia Montalvo at Cynthia.Montalvo@NJLCV.org. When applying for this position, please put “Development Intern” in the subject line.
Deadline for submission:
Applications will be accepted on a rolling basis, until positions are filled.
New Jersey LCV is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to a diverse, inclusive and equitable workplace.