Title: Digital Outreach and Communications Intern
Location: Princeton, New Jersey
Term of Position: Spring 2019
New Jersey League of Conservation Voters (New Jersey LCV) is seeking an undergraduate student for a part-time (15-20 hours/week), unpaid intern during the spring semester 2019.
New Jersey LCV is a non-partisan organization whose mission is to elect environmental champions, hold public officials accountable, and support laws which protect our environment and improve the quality of people’s lives.
The intern will work closely with the Outreach Manager, Digital Organizer, and the Social Media Strategist to support outreach and communications within the organization. Projects may include:
- Assisting with pre-planning and executing events for legislators and their constituents
- Conducting research
- Assisting with social media coverage of partner events
- Drafting posts for Facebook and Twitter and helping to update social media accounts
- Maintaining database of social media statistics, canvassing, and email statistics
- Updating constituent records in EveryAction
- Learning best practices of social media management
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Strong organizational skills and attention to detail
- Ability to work efficiently, accurately, and collaboratively
- Personable, dependable team player
- Familiarity with social media platforms
- Commitment to environmental conservation, or interest in political work preferred
Compensation and Benefits:
This is a part-time, unpaid position, and we are willing to work with interns for college credit. Interns will receive direct experience working within the conservation community at one of New Jersey’s leading conservation organizations. Interns will have the opportunity to network at various political and environmental events throughout the course of the internship. Letters of recommendation will be available upon request. Opportunities for full-time employment at New Jersey LCV do occasionally occur and interns are eligible to apply.
The candidate must have reliable transportation to either location and a personal laptop. Interested candidates should send their resume, cover letter, and three references (may be character, academic, or professional) to Cynthia Montalvo at Cynthia.Montalvo@NJLCV.org. When applying for this position, please put “Outreach and Communications Intern” in the subject line.
Deadline for submission:
Applications will be accepted on a rolling basis, until positions are filled.
New Jersey LCV is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to a diverse, inclusive and equitable workplace.