Title: Federal Climate Campaign Manager Status: Exempt
The New Jersey League of Conservation Voters (New Jersey LCV) is seeking a full-time Climate Campaign Manager to oversee and implement a campaign to enact bold climate policy at the federal level. This person will work with New Jersey LCV, Conservation Voters of Pennsylvania, New York League of Conservation Voters, and Maryland League of Conservation Voters to ensure the environment, and the communities of color disproportionately impacted by climate change, in PA, NJ, NY and MD benefit from any federal stimulus, infrastructure and environmental policies. This individual must be able to work independently as well as with dynamic teams at the four state leagues.
- Manage the multi-state federal Climate Campaign
- Develop and implement campaign plans, maintain data, and analyze effectiveness of programs to achieve the project goals
- Track all activities and monitor progress of the campaign
- Manage consultants to conduct paid and earned communications to meet the goals of the project coordinating with relevant staff at the state and national levels
- Serve as the point of contact to among the state organizations and liaison with national organizations, and attending calls, meetings and trainings regarding the federal climate policy efforts
- Work closely with the organizing, campaigns, policy, digital, and communications staff in each state to develop and implement relevant aspects of campaign plans
- Coordinate with state staff on the use of volunteers to engage in the campaign such as phone calls, letters to the editor, and opinion pieces
- Oversee all campaign activities and regularly submit status reports to the state Executive Directors or their designees
- Ensure all campaign activities are conducted in a manner consistent with all State and Federal regulations and assist develop staff with grant review and reporting.
- Other duties as assigned
- Demonstrated commitment to environmental conservation and equity and the environment
- Demonstrated commitment to racial justice and equity
- Personable, dependable team player
- Demonstrated ability to collaborate across coalitions, mobilize public support and lead advocacy campaigns
- Excellent personal organizational and time management skills
- Strong written and oral communication skills
- Experience with the federal legislative process and executive branch rule making
- Experience working with vendors and consultants
- Experience lobbying and conducting public education and issue campaigns
Position Requirements: This is a full-time, remote position until further notice. When offices fully reopen, it could be based in Trenton, Philadelphia, NYC or Annapolis. However, travel throughout the multi-state region and to Washington, DC may be necessary, so a valid driver’s license and access to a car are required. This person must be able to maintain a flexible schedule as evening and weekend hours may be required.
Salary: $65,000-75,000, commensurate with experience.
To apply: Please send your resume and cover letter to CampaignManager@njlcv.org with “Climate Campaign Manager” in the subject line. No calls please.
New Jersey LCV is an equal-opportunity employer. We are committed to creating a diverse environment and are proud to be an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without discrimination bused upon regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin or ancestry, genetics, disability, age, marital status, familial status, domestic partnership status, civil union status, pregnancy, atypical hereditary cellular or blood trait status, or veteran status.