Location: Likely some remote and some in-person in Hamilton, New Jersey office
Term of Position: Summer and Fall 2021 (26 weeks); possibility for extension
Schedule and Compensation: 15 hours per week, $15/hour
Reports to: Media Relations Manager
New Jersey League of Conservation Voters (New Jersey LCV) is seeking a part-time Fundraising and Communications Intern to support the development, media, and digital departments during the Summer and Fall of 2021. The Intern will be integral to the organization’s efforts to research, manage, and cultivate our donors and members, as well as to our efforts to reach new audiences online and through the media.
New Jersey LCV is a non-partisan organization whose mission is to elect environmental champions, hold public officials accountable, and support laws which protect our environment and improve the quality of people’s lives.
- Assist Development Director with major donor, foundation, and corporate prospect research
- Prepare materials for meetings with current and prospective funders
- Help maintain a database of donors and prospects, including regular data entry and cleanup
- Assist in planning and executing fundraising and other donor events
- Assist with mailings and gift acknowledgement, including drafting correspondence
- Update media lists and monitor media mentions
- Research media contacts and conduct outreach for some of the state public affairs shows on TV and radio
- Research and draft opinion articles, news releases, letters to the editor, media statements, social media posts, and email campaign content on environmental and environmental justice topics
- Conduct research for digital advocacy campaigns, including identifying appropriate hashtags and social media influencers
- Assist in tracking email engagement
- Identify and develop social media campaigns in partnership with organizations across the state
- Monitor and record social media stats across platforms and campaigns
- Other duties as assigned
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Strong organizational skills and attention to detail
- Personable, dependable team player
- Ability to work efficiently, accurately, and collaboratively, and to manage short and long-term deadlines
- Ability to work remotely using your own phone and computer
- Familiarity with social media platforms, Google Apps, Microsoft Office and design programs
- Commitment to environmental conservation, or interest in political work preferred
Compensation and Benefits:
This is a paid, part-time internship and we are happy to work with interns for college credit. Interns will receive direct experience working within the conservation community at one of New Jersey’s leading conservation organizations. Compensation for this position is $15 an hour. Letters of recommendation will be available upon request. Opportunities for full-time employment at New Jersey LCV do occasionally occur and interns are eligible to apply.
The candidate must have reliable transportation, a cell phone, and a computer for the position, although we are working virtually right now due to COVID-19. Interested candidates should send their resume, cover letter, and three references (character, academic, or professional) to firstname.lastname@example.org. When applying for this position, please put “Fundraising and Communications Intern” in the subject line.
Deadline for submission:
Applications will be accepted on a rolling basis, until the position is filled.
New Jersey LCV is an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to creating a diverse environment and are proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We will consider all applicants without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin or ancestry, genetics, disability, age, marital status, familial status, domestic partnership status, civil union status, pregnancy, atypical hereditary cellular or blood trait status, or veteran status.