Title: Fundraising and Events Intern
Location: Likely hybrid of in-person and remote work in Hamilton, New Jersey
Term of Position: Winter and Spring 2022
Schedule and Compensation: 15 hours/week for 26 weeks with the possibility of extending
Reports to: Development Assistant
New Jersey League of Conservation Voters (New Jersey LCV) is seeking a part-time Fundraising and Events Intern to support the development, media, and digital departments during the Winter/Spring of 2022. The Intern will be integral to the organization’s efforts to research, manage, and cultivate our donors and members, and as well as creating new campaigns to attract a diverse donor base.
New Jersey LCV is a non-partisan organization whose mission is to elect environmental champions, hold public officials accountable, and support laws which protect our environment and improve the quality of people’s lives.
- Assist Development Director & Assistant with major donor, foundation, and corporate prospect research
- Prepare materials for meetings with current and prospective funders
- Help maintain a database of donors and prospects, including regular data entry and cleanup
- Assist in planning and executing fundraising and other donor events
- Assist with mailings and gift acknowledgement, including drafting correspondence
- Work with our Campaigns team to promote, advertise, and publicize various events happening throughout the year
- Draft member communications to promote events hosted by New Jersey LCV and partner organizations across the Delaware River Watershed
- Research potential new partner organizations to collaborate with to better represent the entirety of New Jersey’s population
- Help draft fundraising email appeals for specific campaigns
- Help plan for for New Jersey LCV’s 2022 Gala by obtaining silent auction items, updating our online platforms, and securing gifts and registrations
- Other duties as assigned
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Strong organizational skills and attention to detail
- Personable, dependable team player
- Ability to work efficiently, accurately, and collaboratively, and to manage short-and long-term deadlines
- Ability to work remotely using your own phone and computer
- Familiarity with social media platforms, Google Apps, MS Office, and design programs like Canva
- Commitment to environmental conservation, or interest in political work preferred
Compensation and Benefits:
Compensation for this position is $15 an hour. Interns will receive direct experience working within the conservation community at one of New Jersey’s leading political environmental organizations. Letters of recommendation will be available upon request. Opportunities for full-time employment at New Jersey LCV do occasionally occur and interns are eligible to apply.
The candidate must have reliable transportation, a cell phone, and a computer for the position. The position may be in-person, remote, or a hybrid of the two due to COVID-19. Interested candidates should send their resume, cover letter, and three references (character, academic, or professional) to firstname.lastname@example.org. When applying for this position, please put “Fundraising and Events Intern” in the subject line.
Deadline for submission: Applications will be accepted on a rolling basis, until the position is filled.
New Jersey LCV is an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to creating a diverse environment and are proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We will consider all applicants without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin or ancestry, genetics, disability, age, marital status, familial status, domestic partnership status, civil union status, pregnancy, atypical hereditary cellular or blood trait status, or veteran status.