Title: HR/Operations and Communications Intern
Location: Likely hybrid of some remote and some in-person in Hamilton, New Jersey office
Term of Position: Winter and Spring 2022 (26 weeks); possibility for extension
Schedule and Compensation: 15 hours per week, $15/hour
Reports to: Media Relations Manager
New Jersey League of Conservation Voters (New Jersey LCV) is seeking a part-time Communications and HR/Operations Intern to support the media relations, social media, and HR/Operations departments during the Winter and Spring of 2022 (approximately January through June 2022). The Intern will be integral to the organization’s efforts to reach new audiences online and through the media as well as to support operations efforts, especially through written documentation.
New Jersey LCV is a non-partisan organization whose mission is to elect environmental champions, hold public officials accountable, and support laws which protect our environment and improve the quality of people’s lives.
MEDIA RELATIONS AND SOCIAL MEDIA
- Update media lists and monitor media mentions
- Research media contacts and conduct outreach for some of the state public affairs shows on TV and radio
- Research and draft opinion articles, news releases, letters to the editor, media statements, and social media posts on topics related to the environment, especially environmental justice, open space preservation, and stormwater management
- Conduct research for digital advocacy campaigns, including identifying appropriate hashtags and social media influencers
- Identify and develop social media campaigns in partnership with organizations across the state
- Monitor and record social media stats across platforms and campaigns
- Help in the development and management of a tracking dashboard, key performance indicators (KPIs), and narrative reports that measure results of initiatives and achievement of strategic goals and objectives
- Work with Operations Assistant on the updating and rewriting of job descriptions
- Identify potential posting sites for open jobs that will expand diversity of candidate pools, in alignment with DEIJ guidelines and objectives
- Research Wiki application options and help identify opportunities for linking of internal document content and tags for improved resource retrieval and identification
- Help further develop onboarding tools, educational materials and media resources to enhance the new hire orientation process
- Other duties as assigned
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Strong organizational skills and attention to detail
- Personable, dependable team player
- Ability to work efficiently, accurately, and collaboratively, and to manage short and long-term deadlines
- Ability to work remotely using your own phone and computer
- Familiarity with social media platforms, Google Apps, Microsoft Office and design programs
- Commitment to environmental conservation, or interest in political work preferred
Compensation and Benefits:
This is a paid, part-time internship and we are happy to work with interns for college credit. Interns will receive direct experience working within the conservation community at one of New Jersey’s leading conservation organizations. Compensation for this position is $15 an hour. Letters of recommendation will be available upon request. Opportunities for full-time employment at New Jersey LCV do occasionally occur and interns are eligible to apply.
The candidate must have reliable transportation, a cell phone, and a computer for the position, although we are working virtually right now due to COVID-19. Interested candidates should send their resume, cover letter, and three references (character, academic, or professional) to email@example.com. When applying for this position, please put “Communications and HR/Operations Intern” in the subject line.
Deadline for submission: Applications will be accepted on a rolling basis, until the position is filled.
New Jersey LCV is an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to creating a diverse environment and are proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We will consider all applicants without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin or ancestry, genetics, disability, age, marital status, familial status, domestic partnership status, civil union status, pregnancy, atypical hereditary cellular or blood trait status, or veteran status.