Status: Full Time, Exempt
Reports to: Executive Director
The New Jersey League of Conservation Voters and its affiliated organizations seek to hire an Operations Manager to manage the day to day operational and financial elements of the organization. This position works closely with the Executive Director to coordinate organizational planning and provides administrative support for the staff to ensure efficient operation of the organization. This individual must be able to work independently and exercise sound judgment, as well as work collaboratively with a dynamic Executive Director, staff and committed Board of Directors to maximize outcomes.
The New Jersey League of Conservation Voters (New Jersey LCV) is the leading political voice for the environment in the Garden State. The New Jersey League of Conservation Voters Education Fund is dedicated to maximizing the participation of conservation-minded voters in public policy decisions made at the state and local levels regarding New Jersey’s environment and natural resources.
- Financial coordination, including expenditure tracking, budgeting, and audit
- Prepare and submit in a timely manner all required financial and other legal filings
- Review, process, track, and file invoices, receipts, and reimbursement forms.
- Troubleshoot daily administrative issues and negotiate office contracts (e.g., postage, office supplies, leased equipment, etc.)
- Assist the Executive Director with overall program planning, in consultation with relevant staff
Coordinate the development of program benchmarks and progress monitoring, in consultation with designated program staff.
- Provide general clerical support including but not limited to mailing, scanning, and filing
- Maintain an inventory of office supplies, and place orders for replenishment
- Analyze organizational processes and identify and implement systems to achieve efficiencies and cost savings
- Onboarding and orienting new hires, tracking staff vacation and time, and other human resource needs
- Assist with the expansion and implementation of the annual employee assessment process
- Assemble weekly reports
- Assist with the preparation and execution of board and board committee meetings, as well as the drafting and finalizing of official minutes
- Coordinate board meeting logistics
- Other duties as assigned
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office, including Word and Excel
- Demonstrated ability to take initiative and work collaboratively efficiently to meet deadlines and manage high volume workload
- Experience supervising staff, interns, or volunteers
- Detail-oriented and comfortable working in a fast-paced office environment
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Excellent personal, organizational and time management skills
- Personable, dependable team player
- Outstanding confidentiality and ethics are imperative (due to sensitive nature of information processing and handling requirements)
To Apply: Please send your resume and cover letter to email@example.com with “Operations Manager” in the subject line. Applications reviewed on a rolling basis. No calls please.
NJLCV is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status.