Reports To: Policy Associate
Location: Princeton, NJ or Trenton, NJ
The New Jersey League of Conservation Voters (New Jersey LCV) is the leading political voice for the environment in the Garden State.
The person will work with New Jersey’s LCV and New Jersey LCV Education Fund to research and develop policies that safeguard our environment and improve public health. Additionally, the Policy Assistant will conduct outreach to decision makers and other organizations that helps advance the organization’s policy agenda as well as conduct public communications.
- Research state-level policy relating to the environment, public health, and voting rights
- Work with Policy Associate to develop policy priorities
- Track legislation moving through Trenton
- Assist in developing legislative strategies to advance policy priorities
- Organize meetings with elected officials, staff, and other key individuals
- Represent organization at meetings, hearing, and public events
- Support, organize, and prepare Policy Associate for important meetings, hearings, and presentations
- Update website to reflect current policy priorities and progress towards achieving objectives
- Develop messages and media-related materials including press releases, media statements, op-eds, letters to the editor, and presentations.
- Cultivate media contacts and secure press coverage for the organization and its programs, policy and political work.
- Participate in and/or lead environmental coalitions on behalf of the organization
- Other duties as assigned
- Commitment to conservation and an understanding of environmental issues
- Knowledge of the legislative process
- Understanding of the New Jersey political landscape preferred
- Demonstrated ability to work accurately under pressure, meet deadlines and manage high volume workload.
- Strong written and oral communication skills
- Excellent personal organizational and time management skills
- Personable, dependable team player
To Apply: Please send your resume, cover letter, and if applicable, salary requirements to firstname.lastname@example.org with “Policy Assistant” in the subject line. No calls please.
NJLCV is an equal opportunity employer.