New Jersey League of Conservation Voters (New Jersey LCV), the leading political voice for the environment in the Garden State, seeks to hire a Policy Associate. The person will work with New Jersey LCV and New Jersey LCV Education Fund assisting with projects, programs and campaigns. This individual must be able to work independently, as well as work with a dynamic Executive Director and committed Board of Directors to maximize outcomes.
- Develop and execute project, program and campaign plans.
- Manage the Clean Energy Campaign, facilitating statewide action to reduce greenhouse gas emissions, expand renewable energy, and establish the most aggressive renewable standards in the nation.
- Formulate the Common Agenda for the Environment with input from environmental organizations and the Board of Directors.
- Research proposals and analyze pending legislation, and recommend legislation to support conservation.
- Communicate legislative priorities to elected officials, track voting records, and maintain contact lists.
- Lead coalitions of other environmental groups and serve as New Jersey LCV's representative on coalitions.
- Work with Executive Director and development staff to design future programs and funding proposals.
- Assist in operations of the New Jersey LCV Political Action Committees, including developing campaign plans, working with consultants, and strategically implementing plans
- Secure sufficient funds to support robust electoral campaigns to elect environmental champions and defeat foes.
- Assist in the development of a communications strategy to educate the public and legislators on key priorities.
- Provide testimony to safeguard clean water, improve air quality, and preserve open spaces.
- Provide support for meetings and media events scheduled for the Executive Director, making sure the Executive Director is prepared for the meeting. Prepares presentations for Executive Director. Ensures timely and proper correspondence and follow-up from Executive Director with elected officials and partner organizations.
- Provides back up to Executive Director as requested, representing the organization at meetings and events.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Commitment to conservation and understanding of environmental issues
- Knowledge of the legislative process
- Understanding of the New Jersey political landscape
- Experience working with coalitions
- Experience recruiting, managing, and working with volunteers
- Demonstrated ability to work accurately under pressure, meet deadlines and manage high volume workload.
- Strong written oral and communication skills
- Excellent personal, organizational and time management skills
- Personable, dependable team player
To apply: Please send your resume, cover letter, and if applicable, salary requirements to firstname.lastname@example.org with "Policy Associate" in the subject line. No calls please.
New Jersey LCV is an equal opportunity employer committed to a diverse workplace.