TITLE: Senior Manager of Campaigns
REPORTS TO: Campaigns Director
New Jersey League of Conservation Voters (New Jersey LCV) is a bi‐partisan, non‐profit organization that protects our precious natural resources by raising awareness of key environmental challenges; increasing the efficacy of the environmental community; helping elect environmentally responsible candidates to state and local offices, advocating for strong environmental policies, and ensuring accountability to safeguard the health of our communities, the beauty of our state, and the strength of our economy.
We are committed to and incorporate in all our work, the goal of helping establish a just, inclusive, and equitable environment for New Jersey. We work with, learn from, and support overburdened and low- income communities to publicly educate, co‐create social change, and advocate for environmentally just policies.
We currently seek a full-time Senior Manager of Campaigns to coordinate design and implement successful public education campaigns; design and implement strategies and programs; manage staff focused on the cultivation and mobilization of New Jersey volunteer activists in support of bold environmental and climate policies and programs; and bolster state-wide support for New Jersey’s offshore wind and other environmental initiatives. This individual must have a proven track record of working independently as well as with a dynamic team, fostering partnerships and developing coalitions; and be able to demonstrate comfort and success in working within multiple types of diverse communities to maximize outcomes.
• Develop, revise, and successfully implement campaign plans including, but not limited to, volunteer engagement, public polling, paid media, signature petition drives, virtual and in-person public education events, earned media, and other campaign strategies.
• Develop and enhance relationships with partner organizations, constituents, environment-focused citizen groups, volunteer activists, and community leaders to drive campaigns and help secure advancement of key environmental protections.
• Help oversee the volunteer activist program, building membership and creating content designed to engage participation and volunteer affinity for New Jersey LCV programs and initiatives.
• Effectively manage assigned field organizing staff, providing development and growth opportunities for the team and overseeing staff’s day to day needs and assignments.
• Work in support of operational and development activities to inform grant applications in support of campaign efforts; and more generally, understand and help manage departmental budgets (general operations and grant-specific), funder deliverables and grant requirements.
• Effectively support the Campaigns Director and communicate across all levels of New Jersey LCV, ensuring information is shared across the organization as necessary, and updates are provided proactively on all efforts and requirements being managed.
• Demonstrate commitment to New Jersey LCV’s racial justice and equity strategic planning initiatives and goals by building relationships with BIPOC and environmental justice allies and partners
• Other duties as assigned.
• Ability to advocate for non-partisan policy positions.
• Strong written and oral communication skills.
• Excellent personal organizational and time management skills.
• Personable, dependable team player able to communicate with and positively influence others through persuasive information sharing.
• Demonstrated ability to recruit volunteer activists and mobilize public support.
• Prior campaigns management and field organizing experience required.
• Working knowledge of Voter Activation Network (VAN), Every Action (EA) and Catalyst preferred.
• Proven ability to design, adapt and implement campaign plans and make adjustments as needed to best leverage shifting public attitudes.
POSITION REQUIREMENTS: This is a full-time, hybrid position based remotely and in Hamilton, New Jersey, with responsibility for managing work throughout the state so a valid driver’s license and access to a car are required. This person must be able to maintain a flexible schedule as evening and weekend work may be required.
SALARY RANGE: $55,000 - $75,000 depending upon experience and candidate qualifications. Ranges are based on an external and organizational wage analysis, noting that new staff rarely start at the top of a range.
TO APPLY: Please send your resume, cover letter and salary requirements to email@example.com with “Senior Manager of Campaigns” in the subject line. No calls please. Applications reviewed on a rolling basis; final submission deadline is November 10th, 2023.