Title: Social Media Assistant
Reports to: Social Media and Inclusion Director
Positions reporting to this position: N/A
Salary Range: $31,500-$40,000
New Jersey League of Conservation Voters (New Jersey LCV) and Conservation Voters of Pennsylvania (CVPA) serve as the leading political voices for the environment in New Jersey and Pennsylvania, respectively. They are both non-partisan, statewide organizations dedicated to holding elected officials accountable for their actions that impact our precious natural resources.
New Jersey LCV and CVPA seek a Social Media Assistant who will work with the Social Media and Inclusion Director to ensure that both organizations meet our social media goals and will be responsible for the day-to-day operations of our social media accounts, including curating and creating compelling content, identifying ways to grow our followers, and working with the rest of the digital team to help engage and grow our expanding list of email supporters. This position will also focus on elevating issues affecting and activities happening in the Delaware River Watershed and provide hands-on support to several networks of organizations working in the watershed to protect and improve water quality.
- In coordination with colleagues, ensure organizational programs and priorities are reflected on our profiles, and utilize these opportunities to maximize reach, engagement, and growth.
- Draft, design, and publish regular content for our Twitter, Facebook, and Instagram accounts.
- Monitor our Delaware River Watershed partners' accounts for sharing opportunities and to encourage cross-promotion across several networks.
- Work with the Social Media Director to create and look for opportunities to produce resources and campaigns that foster collaboration and allow partners to connect the watershed to broader state, regional, and national conversation on clean water.
- Consult with and train partners on social media best practices and free and affordable tools that can make their outreach more effective.
- Assist with planning, creating, and providing trainings on social media best practices.
- Assist with writing content for emails, the website, and other digital platforms.
- Assist with drafting and deploying of digital ads.
- Help maintain our website and create action pages and graphics as needed.
- Assist other members of the digital team as needed with metrics and recordkeeping.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Ability to meet deadlines under pressure, manage multiple priorities in a fast-paced environment, pay close attention to detail, take initiative and look for opportunities, and stay organized and follow-through.
- Ability to and interest in working independently as well as part of a team.
- Familiarity with Excel and digital platforms including Facebook ads, Twitter analytics, Sprout Social, and social listening tools.
- Experience with graphics and video creation and editing required.
- Strong writing skills preferred.
- A commitment to increasing racial diversity in our movement and organization, integrating justice and equity into the work we do and ensuring an inclusive organizational culture is a must.
- A strong commitment to environmental protection is a must.
- Experience with providing trainings is a plus.
Position Requirements: This is a full-time, grant-funded position for the period of one year, and is remote during the pandemic. When we return to in-person work this position can be based in Philadelphia, PA or the Princeton, NJ area. Some driving may be required, depending when we return to in-person work.
To apply: Please send your resume, cover letter, and recent writing sample to email@example.com with “Social Media Assistant” in the subject line by November 16.
New Jersey LCV and CVPA are equal opportunity employers. We are committed to creating a diverse environment and are proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We will consider all applicants without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin or ancestry, genetics, disability, age, marital status, familial status, domestic partnership status, civil union status, pregnancy, atypical hereditary cellular or blood trait status, or veteran status.