Various groups reacted to the address:
- The Department of Human Services released a statement touting the Murphy administration’s progress.
- Americans For Prosperity-NJ released a statement calling on Murphy to address pension reform.
- The NJEA released a statement applauding Murphy’s emphasis on union job creation, and pledged to continue working with him and the Legislature on public education issues.
- The NJBIA released a statement that they shared the Governor’s commitment to growing the innovation economy, but cautioned against raising taxes in the FY2020 budget.
- Make The Road NJ said that Murphy’s first year brought ‘groundbreaking change‘ for immigrants, but bemoaned the lack of progress on the drivers’ license bill.
- The League of Conservation Voters said he’s made ‘huge strides in turning back the hands of time’ on Christie administration environmental policies.